Hello, members of
- I hope this message finds you well.
Lately, the group has been receiving a large amount of submissions that don't comply with the rules. Please note that it only takes a collective minute in order to read the rules. They're very simple but in the case that some of you are confused as to why your submissions are being declined, I've decided to write this journal to try and point out the biggest reasons why pieces aren't being accepted and what you can do to make sure that any future submissions go smoothly.
We'll start off the with the biggest reason why pieces are declined or take a while to be accepted: You must credit on your deviation description which anime your Canon is from.
* Please note that the reason we ask this of our members is because it's respectful to credit the source of where the canon character comes from...and because we need the title of the fandom to ensure you're submitting pieces to the correct folder.
At the end of your main comment in your description, there should be a small section devoted to credits. You can use the following template to make it easier for you. Make sure you replace (Name of Canon Character) and (Insert Fandom) and (Insert Author/Creator/Company) with the appropriate names.
(Name if Canon Character(s) ) is/are from (Name of Fandom/Movie/Anime/Game, etc.) by (Author/Creator/Company)
(Name of your OC(s) ) belong(s) to me/(your username)
...and here is a finished example. I'll use my own OC/Canon pairing so that you can see what we look for.Genjyo Sanzo is from Saiyuki by Minekura Kazuya
Guo Daiyu belongs to anobouzu
This should be clearly visible in the artist's comments/description OR it should be plainly visible in a watermark somewhere on your deviation. Simply giving the name of the canon character or the name of the fandom in the title will not be allowed. Make the process easier for us to accept your piece and your piece will be accepted very quickly, ensuring that it's also being submitted to the right folder.
Also note that if you do not know the name of the author/creator/company who owns the fandom that the canon character is from, you can search the answer by typing the name of the fandom into google...but all we really need is the name of the fandom. ^^** PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST WRITE OUT THE FULL NAME OF THE SERIES - ACRONYMS DO NOT COUNT/WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. **
Also note that you must write out the name of the series as it is given in the folder - if it's in English, write it in English. If it's in Japanese, write the full Japanese title of the series. Only pictures / fanfictions of your OC x Canon are allowed
* When you submit a picture of ONLY your OC, a canon character, or anything else that ISN'T a pairing picture that features an OC/FC with a canon character, it will be declined. There is no exception to this rule. There are plenty of groups that will allow you to submit fan art or solo pictures of your OC. Please check out our affiliates to see some of these groups. Please make sure that you submit your artwork to the correct folder.
* This is pretty straight-forward but please make sure you're submitting your piece to the correct folder. We have a myriad of fandoms that have folders - they are all listed alphabetically so please ensure that your fandom is listed. If it's not, then you can either submit it to > Misc. Video Games for any gaming fandom related pieces, or 'Other Fandom' for any movies, anime, cartoons, books, etc.
Any piece that is credited as a different fandom than the folder they are submitting it to will be declined. WIPs (Work in Progresses) are to be submitted into the group's favorites
* This one is not much of a problem but I still see it happening. Please ensure that you submit your very best and final piece to the gallery. Note that this does NOT mean we are "skill" judges. What we mean by your best means that it is fully colored, lined, and ready to be called 'a finished piece'. Any sketches or lineart, if they are going to be your 'final' version of that drawing, should be clean and clear, in other words, NEAT.
Also, please don't submit a lineart or sketch of a drawing if you plan to color it and finish it...you might as well wait until coloring it to submit your final piece. This is to avoid duplicates. We no longer accept base works
* If you use bases, trace/edit over official images that aren't yours - then we cannot accept the piece into the gallery. You are, however, allowed to suggest it to the group's favorites. Simple: if the work isn't completely yours, then it's not allowed. Keep all gallery submissions PG-13
* Self-explanatory. There's a good chance that if your artwork has a mature-filter on it, we will have to decline it. This is not to say that we (the mods) dislike non PG-13 works, but we are simply following the group's original rules as well. Thank you for understanding.
I really do hope that new and active members will take the time to read and review these rules. We look forward to seeing your future OC/Canon works